Policies and Procedures
CORONAVIRUS CONTROLS AND REQUIREMENTS
All members must read and comply with all the points below.
- Do not come on Group walks if you or anyone, with whom you have been in contact, has had coronavirus-like symptoms, ie, a high temperature, a new, continuous cough and/or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
- You must comply with all the instructions of the walk leader.
- All persons attending Group walks, must book with the leader by e mail by 6 pm on the day before. If you have not done so, you are not permitted to attend the Group walk. You must give your name, address and all phone numbers to the leader.
- Group walks will be limited in numbers attending to 12 members. No non-members of any description, eg family or friends, are permitted on Group walks. If the walk is full, you will have priority to attend the next Group walk.
- Dogs are not permitted on Group walks.
- Everyone must only travel to and from the walk separately and in their own vehicle or with members of the same household or ‘bubble’.
- You must bring all your own equipment with you. There is to be no sharing of equipment.
- Do not offer sweets, cake or any food or drink to others.
- You must bring your own mask, gloves and hand sanitiser with you. Use the sanitiser before you eat, drink or touch your car.
- Stay 2 metres apart from anyone else at ALL times.
- As far as possible, do not handle gates. Only the leader or back marker will do so. If possible, try to touch gates only with your knees, elbows, etc.
- There will be no café, pub nor tea shop or the like visited at any time during the walk. Bring your own food, hot drink, beer, etc.
- If you develop corona virus like symptoms after the walk, inform the authorities and a NOG committee member immediately.
- It is recommended that you wash all your clothes after each walk
Click on a link below to view a pdf
Financial Year End
Giving Out Directions To Start Of Walk
Offering A Lift To Members
Use Of Group Emails
Payments Of Car Fuel Expenses
Notice of Start Time
Refunds For Rent-a-Hostel Trips (now known as Exclusive Hire)
For details of our constitution, please click here.
View a copy of the Guidelines for Participants on Newport Outdoor Group Activities by clicking here
Fuel Expense Form
Claiming Expense form
Risk Assessment Form – pdf version
Risk Assessment Form – word version
Hostel Booking Policy